Stage Name: Dancing Queen HYOYEON (댄싱퀸 효연 – dancing queen Hyoyeon)
Birth Name: Kim Hyo-yeon (김효연)
Nicknames: Hyoraengi (pun: tiger), Kim-choding (elementary school-kid Kim), Kim Yeolsal(10-year-old Kim), Fiona
Position: Supporting Vocalist/Main Dancer
Date of Birth: September 22, 1989
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Sibling(s): 1 younger brother (Kim Min-goo)
Language: Korean (Fluent), English , Chinese (Fluent), Japanese (Basic)
Casted: 2000 SM Casting System
Training Duration: 6 Years 1 Month
School: China Beijing Language Courses (중국북경어학연수)
– 2004 Hip hop dance crew ‘Little Winners‘ (with Miss A Lee Min-young)
– 2005 MKMF BoA’s ‘Over the Top’ silhouette dancer
– 2010 Recurring guest on KBS2 ‘Dream Team’
- The best dancer and the fastest runner of SNSD.
- Hyoyeon is ambidextrous, she actively use both of her left hand and right hand.
- The other eight members think revealed that she’s SNSD’s mood maker and also the funniest member.
- One of her most well-known nickname is “Kim Yeolsal” (ten-year old Kim) or because her jokes are similar to that of ten-year old and she also has a lot of mood swings.
- Hyoyeon collects cute, colorful stationery and stickers.
- She hits people and tell secrets when drunks. The members revealed that the maknaes, Yoona and Seohyun, are her usual drunk “victims”.
- SNSD’s “fashion terrorist”.
- Prior to her debut, Hyoyeon traveled to Beijing, China in 2004 with Super Junior’s Siwon to learn Mandarin and more about Chinese culture.
- In 1999, she enrolled in Winners Dance School, a famous dance school in South Korea specializing in popping, locking, animation and various other hip-hop styles.
- At Winners Dance School, Hyoyeon teamed with MissA’s Min and formed a dancing duo called Little Winners.
- Besides Hip -hop dance, Hyoyeon also learned Jazz and Latin dance.
- She received dance instruction from the Electric Boogaloos and top choreographers such as Kim Hye Rang, Poppin Seen, Kwang Hoo (aka Crazy Monkey), Poppin DS, Kwon Seok-Jin (aka Locking Khan) and ex-Black Beat’s / Beat Burger’s Shim Jae Won.
- Hyoyeon’s Chinese name is 孝渊 (Xiàoyuān)